Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/caramelizedthoughts.com/wp-content/plugins/recipes-plugin/recipes-plugin.php on line 426
Carrot season is in and the cold breeze of winter makes us crave all sorts of warm recipes. Today’s mood was very asian inspired and this crunchy warm salad just hits the right chord. Making it is simple and the taste is just what would complete the meal, to make it you need:
- 200 g Shiitake Mushrooms (Soaked overnight if you got them dry) (You can exchange for local portobello)
- 6 Thin Carrots, (Peeled or Scrubbed and Halved lengthwise)
- Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsps. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger (Grated)
- 5 Spring Onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Tsps. Toasted sesame seeds
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper For Seasoning
Toss mushrooms and carrots with coconut oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.Put the grill on high heat and grill the mushrooms turning them often but the carrots not as much, until tender and lightly charred in spots, The mushrooms take around 3 minutes while the carrots double that time to get soft. Take them off the grill and let them cool slightly on a cutting board.
While they cool down you get the sauce ready, mix the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil in a large bowl. Slice your carrots lengthwise, tear mushrooms into smaller pieces. Add to the bowl of the sauce along with the spring onions and sesame seeds and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy Your Salad!